Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Our Paper Bear?

One morning while me and my brother were doing our paper route we saw a bunch of police cars sitting in the middle of the road ( it was a little road called Blue Hills ). We wondered why they were there and when we walked past they said that there was a black bear wandering around here and to be careful. So we kept doing the paper route keeping our eyes peeled though. We thought that since we had our dog with us that he would give us plenty of warning. I went up and delivered to a house where on one side there was a very small line of trees that I usually walk through but this time I decided not to and I walked across the road to the next house. Well after I had delivered to that house my brother and I turned around and saw a black bear across the road in front of the house right next to the one I had just delivered to. He was looking right at us and was walking straight out of the little line of trees that I usually go through. It kept walking and didn't pay us any mind. Our dog was pulling at the leash like he wanted to go make friends with the bear ( our dog is the friendliest dog on the block). After the bear walked off my brother and I ran back to the police and told the police about it they immediately drove over to the spot to keep an eye out for the bear. We walked home and got dad to drive us the rest of the paper route. I hope the bear found it's way back home and didn't bother anyone and that is about the most exciting paper route ever!

No comments: